Once the shower corner with a pallet was a novelty. And lovers of water treatments are not particularly spoiled by a variety of designs. But technology does not stand still, and designers do not sleep. And today the dimensions and shapes of structures, the materials from which the parts are made are of fundamental importance.
Types of shower trays: general characteristics and features
The shower tray tray is the foundation on which the entire structure is installed, therefore the dimensions and shape of the shower tray is, perhaps, the first thing that the buyer pays attention to. And this is dictated not by personal preferences, but rather by the modest areas of most bathrooms.
When choosing a pallet it is important to be guided not only by personal preferences, but also by the technical characteristics of the parts (some models are completed with special siphons 10-20 cm high). The height of the sides of the product are divided into:
- shower trays are low - up to 5 cm. When installing such models, it should be borne in mind that a slow discharge will lead to the collection of water in the tank. And frequent play on the floor can lead to its damage and flooding of neighbors. If flat shower trays are embedded in the floor, they will be visually practically invisible;
- average shower tray - up to 18 cm. Advantage - the elderly can comfortably take water treatments in the cabins, where there is a shower tray with a seat and a low threshold;
- deep shower trays - over 18 cm. Such models can perform the functions of a bath, so this height of the shower stall is convenient for washing small children and washing things.
The most common sizes of shower trays are: square shower tray (70x70 cm or 90X90 cm), rectangular shower trays (with sides from 50 cm to 140 cm).
Ergonomics also plays an important role in the arrangement of the bathroom. Most often, the cabin is installed in the corner. Therefore, a semicircular shower tray with sides of 90x90 cm is very common and very relevant for small bathrooms.
If the area of the room is very small, then it is more rational to install a corner shower tray. Owners of vast areas can not save space and put a non-standard pentagonal shower tray.
Types of materials: advantages and disadvantages
Any shower tray must be durable and have good insulating properties. Mandatory requirements - high-quality outer coating and non-slip inner surface. Manufacturers offer products from several materials.
Acrylic tray - a very common model, for which just care. The main advantage is low weight, which is important during repairs, transportation of the product. Shower tray has a thickness of about 5-7 mm. Reinforcement technology (metal, fiberglass) is used to increase strength. The disadvantages of plastic - just damage the surface.
Metal models (steel, cast iron, stainless steel) are also in high demand. The reasons for the popularity of steel models: low cost, durability, scratch resistance, rapid heating of the product. Steel tanks are equipped with frames with adjustable legs. This will allow the product to be installed higher and easier access to the siphon. A small minus can be considered the sound of water from falling jets on steel enameled surfaces.
It has the advantages and enameled cast iron shower tray: practicality, excellent performance properties, durability, durability, easy maintenance. However, like any thing, a cast iron shower tray has drawbacks. The most basic is a considerable weight.
Special attention deserves stainless steel shower tray. Due to exceptional performance (does not absorb dirt, it can be treated with special disinfectant compositions) a shower tray with a low basement is often installed in medical institutions.
Wooden shower tray is rare and is definitely one of the main decorations of the bathroom interior. Products are made of thermowood, so do not rot, do not crack, do not warp. Due to the special heat treatment, the mold and fungus do not start in the wood. The sizes of shower trays are different. The standard parameters of frames are 70x70 cm or 70x90 cm, 90x90 cm. Depending on the wishes of the customer, you can order a shower tray for individual sizes.
Stone shower trays belong to the category of luxury products due to the high price. An excellent alternative to the model of natural stone is a molded shower tray made of marble. The manufacturing techniques of a product are simple and allow to receive details of any forms, sizes, shades. The asymmetrical black pallet looks very stylish. Distinctive features of marble capacity: environmental friendliness, durability, resistance to damage. A significant disadvantage is the weight of the marble tray.
If you want to have in the bathroom the original version of the cabin, then you can put the shower tray on the tile. In this case, the nuances of the installation installation are taken into account: the sloping floor is equipped with a special drain system, covered with tiles. An important advantage is the ability to choose tiles of any color (from white to black).
The right choice: tips and tricks
Before you choose a shower tray, you should consider all factors: the size, shape and interior of the bathroom, the location of sewer communications.
The lower the frame of the model, the more attention should be paid to the quality of the arrangement of drainage systems. The shower cabin with a high tray will please fans of foamy water procedures. In the bathroom of an old residential building it is recommended to install shower cabins with a high base to avoid water overflow. Since sewers can quickly not cope with the flow of waste water.
Subtleties care surfaces of various materials
If you use detergents designed for a particular type of material, the products for a long time will keep a neat and well-groomed appearance:
- The acrylic surface is cleaned with liquid products without abrasive additives. It is not recommended to use compounds containing chlorine. Small scratches can be removed by using special pastes. After taking a shower, it is desirable to wipe the surface dry;
- for washing marble products soap solutions or liquid products that do not contain acids / aggressive additives are used. Once a week it is advisable to clean the surface with a special care product for casting marble. In places of contact of the stone with metal, rust spots can form. To remove rust, use a special cleaner for natural stone (the procedure is carried out in accordance with the instructions on the package). Mold and fungus cleaned with ammonia;
- dirt on wooden surfaces can not be left for a long time, otherwise it may cause stains. For washing products do not use abrasives.
The general rule for all pallets is to avoid heavy, metallic objects falling onto them.