Currently, there are many design styles that are used both in offices and in apartments. It is difficult to single out any one style, it’s not for nothing that they say: how many people - so many opinions. Some owners will bring their property to nature - this is the style of "country", others will focus on the functionality of the room - this is "constructivism", and others organize more space in the apartment - "minimalism". It is about the features of the latter style that will be discussed.
In any apartment, even one-room with its small size, you can make the specified interior. The main thing is to strictly follow the principles of the chosen design, which must be thought out to the smallest detail. This is especially true of one-room apartments, where the entire design is immediately apparent. Minimalism is a combination of rigor with a sense of proportion, clarity and sophistication, a style that requires the creation of visual space.
Signs of minimalism
Like any style, minimalism has its own distinctive features:
- Monochrome shades. Ceiling, floor and walls made in the same tone "erase" the boundaries of space. If the furniture is made in the color of the walls, then it seems to disappear. Even greater volume can be achieved through lacquered surfaces. But in order not to be too impersonal, we need various colored accessories - paintings, candles, pillows.
- Mirrors, whose property is to increase the space.
- Simple, but very high quality finish.
- The absence of complex structural elements, or at least their concealment.
- Large windows letting in a lot of light.
- Cold colors: gray and white shades. Minimalism does not accept bright colors.
- Square and rectangular furniture.
What should all the elements of a one-room apartment look like?
Minimalism assumes certain features, which are important to observe in each part of a one-room apartment:
Hallway - the first thing that strikes guests
This element of a one-room apartment is usually very small, so it must have a minimum of furniture. Optimally, there will be a small wardrobe with a glass facade for outerwear, where you can also remove unused shoes, hats, gloves, umbrellas, etc. In the corridor you can hang a mirror that visually increases this part of the apartment. Also to expand the space in the hallway can be due to the floor of the laminate of light colors.
The room is the most important part of minimalism.
This is the main part of the apartment, so you need to do everything very carefully. Observing the technique of minimalism, as the furniture you should choose a comfortable straight sofa and comfortable chairs with low seating. In a minimalist style, a bed is not only a place to sleep, but also a drawer in which you can store various things. It should be installed in the room mirror cabinet in full height of the wall, this mirror will create the illusion of the depth of space. It is best to use sliding doors that in the open will increase the apartment, and in the closed - create a sense of privacy in the room. All furniture must be placed along the walls. TV should be hung on the wall to avoid extra bedside tables. Blinds are recommended for windows.
This style is very rare, because it does not suit everyone. Minimalism is inherent in business, serious and organized people who adhere to the order and certain rules not only in the arrangement of the apartment, but also in life.
* Photos from Google.com search