Stylish and luxurious, classic style in the interior is always popular. After all, it is not subject to the trends of time - whatever year is on the calendar, the classic style is always relevant. And all thanks to its eternal values: the use of expensive and high-quality materials, decent and beautiful appearance. Of course, this style is also decorated with classical chandeliers and sconces, which, for all their outward elegance, are not without functional qualities. In this article we will look at what features LED lamps have in the style of a classic, how to choose and how to place them in an apartment.
A little about the value of lighting in the design of the apartment. What is the role of lamps in the design of any home:
- The first task for any lighting fixture is to provide light in the room. This is its main purpose, and why they are needed in the first place, be it at least point options, at least overhead, even desktop ones.
- Properly selected and appropriate lighting fixtures create a wonderful atmosphere - they give the room coziness, make it comfortable, warm and homely. In a gloomy unlit room, even in the most luxurious one, there will be no longing to be there, and the mood of the appearance of such a room can significantly decrease.
- Directional light can emphasize or hide certain areas in the apartment. So, you can select a beautiful picture on the wall with a small sconce in a classic style, and by turning off the lights in a certain area, you can hide, for example, bad niches. Suspended ceiling chandeliers give diffused light to the entire room, while tabletop and spotlights have a narrow spectrum of action.
- The choice of lamps in the classic style is so rich that the difficulty can arise only from the fact that you will like several models at once and it will be difficult to make the final choice. Particularly elegant can look suspended ceiling models, which are sometimes used even a bathroom.
Features of classic lamps
What features can have lamps in the style of a classic:
- Like furniture, and finishing materials used to decorate a classic room, lamps in this area are also noble, simple, and elegant - overhead, and ceiling, and pendant.
- Most often used natural materials, but only quality and not the cheapest, including the lighting of the bathroom. Often used glass, high-quality crystal, metal, ceramics, etc. The classic style is not "afraid" and the wide use of gold-plated and silver-plated elements. But it does not look coarse, but "moderately," which does not spoil the look of the room.
- Lamps are a sample of an elegant product, clearly demonstrate the taste and respectability of the owners of the house, even if they are placed in the bathroom.
- By purchasing pendant or ceiling lamps in a classic style, you can be sure that they will serve you for many years, remaining relevant and not outdated. Perhaps your children will also use them, giving their home a touch of classic vintage.
- Classical-style fixtures are certainly characterized by high-quality performance. Expensive materials and quality - these are the main "trumps", on which the unrelenting popularity of these products, which are suitable for any room, keeps.
- Despite its traditionalism and a certain conservatism, modern decorative interpretation of classical lamps can be very diverse. Such a wide range of different decorations will satisfy all tastes and needs.
- Most often, in a classic luminaire the plafond has a metal base - strong and reliable, often forged.
- As for colors, the most popular shades for decoration of classic lamps can be considered white, black, gold, gray and brown. These are the main colors of a neutral scale, they look appropriate in almost any interior, not even in the same one. This circumstance makes both a point and a laid-on lamp universal.
What products can boast the classic direction of lighting:
- The classics of the genre are ceiling suspended chandeliers with numerous crystal pendants, including many-tier ones. Everyone has seen such luxurious items in stores or in films. This is the real “classic” lamp. By the way, not only crystal is used for pendants. Skillfully cut glass can look as good as crystal and also shine on all the faces in the light. Outside of competition, of course, Swarovski's beautiful crystal, which gives such magnificence to the lamp that it becomes a real work of art, being a decoration of the room.
- Another no less popular and widespread type of classical lamps for a living room is carob chandeliers with elongated horn lamps, which shape a little like candles - they imitate them. Such chandeliers can also be multi-tiered. Now they are often replaced by point models in the classical style, more modern.
- Wall. These models are diverse and very beautiful. Lamps will help highlight functional areas, bring comfort to the bedroom and kitchen, and fit for the bathroom.
- Table lamps. Not a single desk can do without this model. They will relieve tension from the eyes, brightly illuminate the workspace. For lamps that are located on the bedside tables, it is desirable to use a soft, diffused light. Suspended ceiling models should also have this light.
- Classic-style street lighting is also a great option to make your home territory more comfortable. Most often for the manufacture of such models used forging as the base and matte ceiling.
What materials are most often used for the manufacture of lamps in the style of a classic, consider:
- Crystal. Unique, beautiful material, specially treated glass. Rarely used in the bathroom, often designed to decorate the living room. Crystal can be overhead and table lamps, even point.
- A rock. Often there are classic lamps with a base of natural stone, for example, onyx, malachite or jasper. Such a semi-precious design makes the model rather expensive - but this thing may eventually become a real rare antiques. In addition, for the bathroom or hallway often make a marble or granite base. Such lamps are often desktop or overhead - the stone is too heavy to make ceiling pendant chandeliers of it.
- Glass. Of course, in the manufacture of exquisite objects of decoration is not used bottle glass or the one from which make faceted glasses. No, for lamps in the style of a classic, they use only expensive glass - for example, Murano - colored or transparent. Often you can find models made of several types of glass - one wall or overhead lamp can combine and stained glass, and transparent, and frosted or textured. Murano glass is remarkable for the fact that for the manufacture of its color variants, chemical paint is not used, but only natural bright minerals, which are added in powder form to a glass alloy. This lamp is suitable for the bathroom and for the hallway.
- Metal. Suspended ceiling chandeliers and sconces made using elegant forging always attract attention. They look elegant, give the room a unique charm. In addition, such a point or wall lamp will be almost "eternal." Often forged models complement for contrast delicate shades of thin colored glass, often - painted. Can be used for lighting and decorating the bathroom and hallway.
- Gilding and bronze. Receiving gilding and bronzing, less often - silvering is often used in the manufacture of classical lamps. Most often, these techniques are used to design the base of the lamp, as well as for decorative painting of the ceiling. Coating by spraying (galvanic) is also a common technique. With it, point, overhead or table lamps can be nickel or chrome plated. This technique is used primarily in a more modern neoclassical style. Suspended and ceiling models that are designed in such a way look particularly good, even for a bathroom and a hallway.
Useful nuances that will help to more competently approach the issue of choosing a lamp in a classic style:
- Do not forget that the appearance of the lamp should overlap with the design of the room. Therefore, if the room is decorated in a rich and luxurious style - and this is the classic style, then choose the lighting "in the same spirit". And point, and invoice, and wall copy must clearly correspond to the main interior.
- In pursuit of external beauty, do not forget about the main purpose of the lamp, its functionality. You should not choose a luxury specimen if it is of little practical - for example, if you have to spend several hours every month or more often to wipe out a thousand crystal pendants. Modern city dwellers of this luxury cannot afford, therefore it is better to think about ergonomics and practicality. Dot, invoice or wall copy - functional and convenient - will become a much more comfortable acquisition.
- The most important thing - before going to the store for new lighting fixtures, carefully and thoroughly think over where the lamp is located. Will you need suspended ceiling chandeliers - and which ones. Where the spot or spot lamp will be placed, whether a floor lamp is required. Having decided on the types and number of models, you can safely and purposefully go to the store, knowing exactly what you want. Be sure to consider the functional areas in your room - they need to be allocated using lighting. Perhaps, for this you need a spot lighting, also think about - LED or ordinary lamps you will use. Of course, the first is preferable - they serve much longer, are more environmentally friendly and safe.