Lighting devices are one of the most important elements in interior design. Replacing just one chandelier can drastically change the look of the whole room. Proper uniform distribution of light in the apartment creates an additional comfort, so you need to competently and deliberately approach the choice of lamps.
Ceiling luminaires are gated luminaires. The lamp inside the ceiling can be completely or partially closed by the diffuser, and the light emitted by the lamp becomes softer and more uniform. Due to the relatively strong heating, each ceiling has its own limitation on the power of the lamps used in them. This should be considered when replacing a failed light bulb. In addition to conventional incandescent bulbs, various types of light sources can be used in the product: halogen, LED, or fluorescent.
Components of the lighting product:
- a metal disk is fixed to the ceiling by one side; a light reflector and electrical fittings are installed on the other side;
- cartridge with terminal block installed on the valve in the amount of from one to eight pieces, in rare cases more;
- diffuser - a protective element of the bulb, plays a decorative role and has the function of diffusing light, giving it softness.
The main types of ceiling lights
Standard lights are in the form of a plate with frosted or clear glass diffusers. Mounted on the surface of the ceiling. Now mini-ceiling lamps are being produced, they are used when, due to the peculiarities in the design of the ceiling, recessed spotlights cannot be used.
Ceiling chandeliers are the most common forms of flowers or buds, and the shape of a ball is also popular. The number of ceiling lamps can be from one to eight or even more.
Ceiling lamps for high-tech chandeliers have a wide variety of colors and shades, the most popular is round or square shape.
Advantages of ceiling lights
- Ceiling can be used in rooms with high humidity, while on the product should be marked IP 54 (not below);
- since the lamps are installed directly on the ceiling surface, enough space is saved (it will be relevant for rooms with low ceilings);
- a huge variety of types, forms, materials of ceiling lamps that it is easy to allow to replace any chandelier.
Cons of ceiling lighting products
The main disadvantages are:
- the main disadvantage is the difficulty of replacing a failed light bulb. To replace many models have to unscrew the lens. Immediately after the lamp burns out, it is impossible to unscrew the ceiling; you must wait until it cools down, as you can get burned;
- Not all models (due to the high degree of heating) can be used with a stretch ceiling.
Materials for the manufacture of plafonds
Due to the growing competition in the lighting market, the variety of choice is also increasing (new types and types of luminaires are being developed, as well as a growing choice of materials).
Ideal for those who have a small budget. These models are different abstract forms of ceiling. By production of such lamps heat-resistant plastic which does not emit smells and does not bend under the influence of temperatures is applied.
Glass ceiling lights
Considered a classic lighting fixtures. They have the widest distribution, as they are produced for a long time. Possess the broadest line of models of various forms and designs. Due to the variety, they are easily selected according to the meaning for the most sophisticated interiors.
Stained Glass Ceiling
Made of multi-colored glass. Possess an elegant look that will give the room soft lighting and envelop it with charm and romance.
Wrought iron lamps
Mainly used for stylistic design (Middle Ages, Gothic) premises: museums, ancient palaces, etc.
Used to create unique light and shade, allow you to select part of the room more intense level of illumination.
Installation of ceiling lights
The success of the installation of a ceiling lamp is largely dependent on the correct choice of fixing equipment. If the lamp needs to be attached to a wooden surface, then screws can be used for fasteners. If the surface of the concrete fit screws and plastic dowels, with drywall - butterfly anchor.
When a suspended plasterboard ceiling is used in the room, and the lighting product is heavy, then it is better to make a reliable basis for the ceiling lamp even during the installation of the suspended ceiling. To do this, either a metal profile or a wooden rail should be installed at the place of fastening of the future fixture.
And finally, in order for the lamp to bring you good emotions for a long time and to please the eye, you must be attentive to the process of choosing it. It is necessary to rely not only on the beautiful appearance of the product, but also pay attention to its technical characteristics (lamp power, degree of protection from moisture and dust, IP), take into account the type of fastener used for mounting the chandelier.